toolbar free news,sports,technology,health,economy,politics: todays thought,todays laugh

Translate

Sunday, March 11, 2012

todays thought,todays laugh




Today's Joke
Pass It On
My husband and I were at a restaurant with his boss, a rather stern older man. When my husband began a story, which I was sure he had told before, I gave him a kick under the table.
There was no response, so I gave him another poke. Still the story went on. Suddenly, he stopped, grinned and said, "Oh, but I've told you this one before, haven't I?"
We all chuckled and changed the subject. Later, on the dance floor, I asked my husband why it had taken him so long to get my message.
"What do you mean?" he replied. "I cut the story off as soon as you kicked me."
"But I kicked you twice and it still took you awhile to stop!"
Suddenly, we realized what had happened. Sheepishly, we returned to our table. His boss smiled and said, "Don't worry. After the second one, I figured it wasn't for me, so I passed it along."
Daily Thoughts
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself; and you are the easiest person to fool.
~Richard Feynman
Shared joy is a double joy. Shared sorrow is half sorrow.
~Swedish proverb
Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good.
~Thomas Sowell
Today's Cartoon
 
Cartoon used with permission 

We always want your ORIGINAL stories-keep sending them. They can be about kids, yourself, your pets, or anything else that's embarrassing, funny, or just plain weird! Please submit at this link... http://www.worldstart.com/contact/ 

Last Laugh
You Look Fine
I was in New York's Grand Central Terminal on my way to visit friends in Connecticut. I had never taken the trip before and was wondering if I needed to switch trains in Stamford.
Walking to the train, I saw the conductor and asked, "Do I need to change?"
"No," he replied immediately. "You're fine the way you are. Your bag matches your shoes and your earrings are the same color as your outfit. Very coordinated!"
Monthly Wallpaper
March Wallpaper Is Ready!
Check it out! Three brand new images for March wallpaper! Also, be sure to rate the photos at the ratings page.
Valley Of Fire Sunrise
YES! I finally got it!
I "discovered" this photo several years ago in Valley Of Fire State Park, NV. I always thought that if I could get just the right sky it could be one heck of a shot. The first time I saw it was...(More)
Superior Fury
Sometimes landscape photography can get hazardous - and this was one of those times. This was taken while I was perched about 3 feet from the edge of a fairly steep cliff on the edge of Lake Superior. The wind snarled and the waves filled the air with a roar that had to be experienced to be believed. That's why I arrived early and...(More)
Star Trails Over Golden Canyon
This was created one cloudless night over Golden Canyon near Zabriskie Point, Death Valley. Most of the time, I really love getting some cool clouds at sunset, but when I'm stuck with a sky that's dull, boring and clear, that can only mean one thing - star trails! So, I set up the camera and….. (More)
It can all be found here, 100% free:

No comments:

Post a Comment