toolbar free news,sports,technology,health,economy,politics: THE HAPPY SALSMAN(poem)

Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

THE HAPPY SALSMAN(poem)

THE HAPPY SALSMAN2
Dawn at the tavern the other night,
My friends and I were having quite
A chat about  the days of yore
(The days when we had youth galore)

Bud who’s a barber  ,recalled his first head;
Sam the mortician drank toasts to the head;
Ralphie the plumber  spoke fondly of pipes;
And truck driver Clarence said he had no gripes,

As I sat there absorbing my friends’ happy tales,
I thanked the good  that I’d gone in to sales,
Where else but in sales can you meet such fine folks?
Have so much excitement? learn so many jokes,?

Yes sales is the ticket  for people with spunk
(But choose a good product-don’t sell any junk)
You’re pounding that  pavement  , shaking  those hands,
Amazed by the degree of respect  you command.

At the night you go home and add up your commissions,
Plan the next day, make some vital decisions,
Say your prayers, hit the hay and sleep like a baby,
Dreaming of customers who say YES and not MAY BE,
So I said to my pals in the tavern with pride,
“I’m a salesman, by golly, with spring in my stride!

I’ve soled wallpaper, hot dogs, cars,  shoes, and horses!
I’m a quick witted gay with  tremendous resources!,

They all laughed  and cheered me,and drunk to my health,
And we each wished the others a lifetime of wealth
2

No comments:

Post a Comment