toolbar free news,sports,technology,health,economy,politics: todays thought,todays laugh

Translate

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

todays thought,todays laugh





Weird Dream             todays joke

"I had the strangest dream last night," Morris told his psychiatrist. "I saw my mother, but when she turned around to look at me, I noticed that she had your face. As you can imagine, I found this very disturbing. In fact, I woke up immediately and couldn't get back to sleep. I just lay there in bed, waiting for morning to come. Then I got up, drank a Coke and came right over here for my appointment. I thought you could help me explain the meaning of this strange dream."



todays thought

The psychiatrist was silent for a full minute before responding, "A Coke? You call that a breakfast"?



My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that 'achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others and that's nice too, but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.'"
~ Helen Hayes
Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is not in vain.
~ Helen Keller
If there is one thing upon this Earth that mankind love and admire better than another, it is a brave man. It is the man who dares to look the devil in the face and tell him he is a devil.
~ James A. Garfield
Parallel Parking               laugh
Upset over a newlywed squabble with my husband, I went to my mother to complain.
Trying to console me, my dad said that men are not all like this all the time.
"Nonsense," I said. "Men are good for only one thing!"
"Yes," my mother interjected, "but how often do you have to parallel park"?

No comments:

Post a Comment